JBTV is recruiting interns and volunteers who are passionate about the end to end process for producing Music Entertainment Television. JBTV has produced and aired over 3,600 weekly episodes of JBTV since its inception in 1984. In the process, JBTV has twice garnered the coveted Billboard Music Video Award for ´Best Local/Regional Alternative Modern Rock Show´ and multiple Emmy Awards for production. Continuously filming many of the biggest names in modern rock history- including Joey Ramone, Green Day, Billy Corgan, Moby, No Doubt, Pearl Jam, Henry Rollins, Bastille, the 1975, Of Monsters and Men, Imagine Dragons, Cage The Elephant, The Ting Tings, and too many others to name.
JBTV has become the longest-running source for modern music television in the nation and one of the few remaining examples of Chicago´s proud tradition of local programming. Interns will have hands on experience with shooting on HD cameras day of show, B-Roll, as well as editing videos, promos, motion graphics, posters, sizzle reels, etc. Come be a part of a dynamic, fun, and educational TV environment.
JBTV is a volunteer organization. You are applying to a non-paid position to be part of a strategic music entertainment company that launches careers.
Volunteering Categories: Academic Credit, Internship, and Volunteer
JBTV Editing/Motion Graphics Internship (Volunteer/Unpaid)
Edit, design, and produce some great content with us! We offer hands on experience like no other internship offered!
- Transcode files for over the air broadcast distribution.
- Create GIFs from video to post on social media platforms.
- Edit documentary style interviews for online audiences.
- Must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior at an accredited college or university and must receive credit.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Must submit a cover letter, resume, and demo reel showcasing your abilities.
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Maxon’s Cinema 4D (R17 is double plus).
- Ability to shoot with an ENG or DSLR camera.
- Prior professional experience.
- Knowledge of 4K workflow.
- Knowledge of live television production.
Videographers, Camera Operator
Experienced camera operators (DSLR, Sony EX3/EX1, Jib, Cannon C100/C300 series). Experience with broadcast cameras, as well as filming concerts and live music and festivals preferred.
Help write interview questions for JBTV music guests and help write our weekly newsletter as well as writing copy for our website/blog.
Design concert posters for JBTV events, as well as graphics/flyers for both physical and social media usage.
Music Business Operations
General office management, task management, production management, hospitality, front desk.
Web Design & Development
Website development, Drupal experience, SEO, WordPress, blog experience, performance optimization, SEO.
Advertising, sponsor acquisition, marketing campaign, street team.
Maintain JBTV’s online presence through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Snapchat, Tumblr, Reddit and more). Help us promote events, operate contests and expand our online audience.